Monday 9 March 2015

Day 68: Could This Simple Daily Practice Change A Global Habit?

How did I miss the other corner cupboard in the kitchen... LOL

The second corner cupboard give up the bootie

You have to promise me not to laugh as you read list of 'crap' I culled out of the corner cupboard. It just makes me cringe when I realise the time, money and (worse) energetic space this 'stuff' has absorbed.

Firstly I have to say, who thought a corner kitchen cupboard was a good idea? Come on!! These silly spaces become the hiding place for all those things we rarely use.

I know I stash things there we hardly use. So when I opened it up to have a quick peek I started laughing at the 'collection of consumer crap'  I purchased when clearly possessed by something other than sanity.

It gives me such pause to consider the impact of this spell we are under and how it impacts our relationships, our wallets, and our environment. We have got ourselves in a tangle. 

This many not seem like a big deal and you are right, it's not. However the awareness this brings, the new viewing platform, the disconnection from the 'juice' of shopping, the re-focus back to truly important matters like family, connections, creative endeavours and rest, has set me on a new path. This aligns perfectly to the redefinition of self that has been in action for many years. The end game here for me is to live the full expression of myself and to reduce the distractions that I have falsely seen as important.

I hope this somehow inspires you.

Cheers from Deb (no longer cornered by the kitchen cupboard)

What went out - 8 items

Ok... you ready?
  • 1 salad spinner (because of course we all need one of them as our hands simply can't do as good a job)  
  • Three plastic fridge trays (because you can't throw them out because they are just such great quality and I may need them one century soon)
  • A plastic breakfast cereal container (come on Deb, you don't use plastic and you don't eat commercial cereal)
  • A wooden knife block (everyone needs a second one, just in case right?!!)
  • An aluminium kettle (oh dear...stop laughing... as if!!)
  • And the best for last... a very fancy, must have one, glass and plastic herb saver (because every herb will fit NOT and it just is gorgeous)

What came in - 0 items

Yay

INSIGHTS
(1) Corner kitchen cupboards should be banned
(2) I see the world different because I challenge my view of the status quo

 

TOTAL: OUT - 932  IN - 116

TOTAL CASH sales from gone-ski items = $48 




No comments:

Post a Comment