Monday 9 February 2015

Day 40: Consumerism - An Unintentional Conspiracy

I wonder if this is getting boring. Items in, items out... (yawn).

Two purchases. But what's missing?

We picked up our new toaster and kettle...and they rock! And we didn't need the thrill of the rush, the carefree, hair blowing in the wind, rush that you get when you grab a bargain! It is a false high, a gratification that demands more and more and more!

It is a drug and I know I have been smoking that shit for a while now. Giving it up has been pretty easy which makes me wonder whether the addiction will go underground. They all do, don't they?

Will I find other ways of distracting myself from life? Or will I sit in the void and continue the journey back to my old self.

Door number 1: blood rushing, the thrill of the chase...see it's exciting!
or...
Door number 2: stillness, heart beating and energetic connection with everything around me.
or..
Door number 3: absolutely no idea... perfect! I choose door number 3.

What came in - 2 items

Our new toaster and kettle

 

What went out - 3 items

2 pairs of socks and a toaster which is going to my ex hubby

INSIGHTS

(1) It's just a game, play full out
(2) There are more doors than you know

 

TOTAL: OUT - 745  IN - 66









1 comment:

  1. Not boring at all. Riveting. Inspiring. Thank you. And keep up the good work (and the posts) x

    ReplyDelete