Monday 26 January 2015

Day 26: Avoiding the Wet Weather Shopping Trip

Dragging my family to the shops on a rainy weekend used to be my favourite past time.

Strangely enough, I would feel overwhelm after a few hours but ignored this obvious sign. It really was a crazy way to spend our family time.

As a contrast, we spent quality time together this three day long weekend enjoying various passions such as playing music, beach combing, de-cluttering, playing games, cooking, reading, relaxing afternoon sleeps and some movies.

It was a great weekend and we all feel so much better for it.

Makes me realise as I write this that I have not been into a shop since 2014, other than food supermarkets.

Actually that is not entirely true... we browsed a home-ware shop at our favourite beach side suburb to buy our favourite vegetable soap.   

What went out - 69 items

14 more pieces of clothing from Sammi's bedroom left the building.

Plus we sent 55 of Sammi's 'keeping' clothes over to Steve's (ex hubby, Sam's dad) house to save him buying any this year. He was thrilled. We all love making life easier for each other. Perfect outcome!

What came in - 6 items

Shells and a rock from our rainy day beachcombing. One of these Sammi made into a necklace.


INSIGHTS

(1) Walking the beach in the rain is wonderful
(2) I have not experienced the urge to impulse buy - perhaps because I have not been seduced by the shopping centre tricks

 

TOTAL: OUT - 575   IN - 43


No comments:

Post a Comment