Friday 30 January 2015

Day 30: How To Use The Space Above Your Fridge

I decided to do on top of the fridge... it was hilarious!

Take it all off first

My way of de-cluttering is to take it all out first and only put back what I would buy if I didn't already have it - a good principle to work by.

So everything came off the top of the fridge and in the end NOTHING remained... LOL.

The two boxes of spare champagne glasses we have (when the thirty people come for a party), the massive cane tray we have NEVER used, the heart shaped (coated) baking tray and plastic cupcake liners are all going to a better home.

The serviettes, place mats, and hand towels have been put in a more handy place. 

The six more empty boxes were added to the gone-ski pile.

What will I put on top of my fridge? Not wine as it is too warm, not anything heavy as it is silly.. how about my cook books? They are currently hidden away in a cabinet...out of sight, out of mind.

Ok...here's what I am going to do. I will find an old wooden box that I can repurpose and put my cook books on top of the fridge. That way I can use them more often and enjoy more cooking with my family... yay!!

 

What went out - 11 items

6 more empty boxes, a cake tin, 2 trays, an old oil bottle (that would not clean properly), and a set of plastic cupcake cookware.  

 

What came in - 0 items

It is amazing how little interest in shopping I have at the moment. WTF is wrong with me!?!

INSIGHTS

(1) Creating clear space is so refreshing to my soul
(2) There is often a better place to put things  

TOTAL: OUT - 620   IN - 48


 

No comments:

Post a Comment