Tuesday 6 January 2015

Day 6: Incoming!

Here I am being all clever about nothing coming INTO the home. No shopping, no buying and no gathering of 'stuff'. When all of a sudden BAM!! A Christmas package arrives from the US. Too funny. Of course no big deal right?! Right?! RIGHT!?? 

It was a present for each of us from Jerry's sister plus one for the family. Beautifully and heartfully selected. Four wonderful gifts were opened and received. All of them keepers: gorgeous salad spoons with olive oak handles, a lovely bracelet each for Sammi and I with 'made from love' on the insert, and a Waterford crystal tree ornament. Just beautiful.

So in response I HAD to get rid of more than arrived. So I went straight to the SHOE CLOSET and out went 3 pairs. Ok, I admit it one pair was just one thong (second on broke) and a second pair of thongs that I just don't wear, and a pair of heals that are broken in parts. Feels good...but I am nervous about culling my shoes further. I need to sit down....LOL.

I also browsed the linen cupboard and found two table cloths that are just not us any more. Gone-ski.

What went out - 5 items

I got to this quickly as I wanted to go to bed early - 3 pairs of shoes and 2 table cloths.

What came in - 4 items

Some yummy Christmas presents. All of them are keepers and we love them. Let's see if this is still true in 12 months time.  

 

Insights

(1) It is what comes in that makes all the difference. The opposite applies to money, it is what goes out that makes all the difference. Interesting...we are flipping the equation.

 

TOTAL: OUT - 163   IN - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment