Friday 23 January 2015

Day 23: Life Hack - Organising Our Essential Oils

Life Hacks are gold!! I hope you get use of this 'creative problem solving' idea.  

Sorting out our Essential Oils

I don't know about you but I waste so much time picking up each of the little bottles trying to find the oil I am looking for. Drives me nuts!!

Today I discovered a fun way to store and organise our essential oils so we can get to them easily.

Step 1: Create a numbered list of the oils
Step 2: Write the matching number on the top of each bottle.
Step 3: Keep the list with the bottles. 


I know we will use the oils more now. 

In the past I have totally forgotten about them as they were hidden away in a closed box, out of sight, out of mind.

I have, on occasions, stumbled upon them when looking for something else but mostly just forgotten about them. 

I find that having items crammed in drawers renders everything useless. Having more, often means having less.

Now with the oils in an open box, in a clean drawer, and easy to identify, we are going to have lovely smells gifting us more often for sure.

 

What went out - 9 items

5 going to the donation box and 6 out in the trash.

What came in - 1 item

That package that arrived from Nanna a couple of days ago had two items in it, not 1...this is the update. The two pieces of clothing were very nice and have been deemed 'keepers'.

 

INSIGHTS

(1) Small life hacks can make a big difference
(2) Use what you have otherwise it is called hording


TOTAL: OUT - 438   IN - 30

No comments:

Post a Comment